October 2, 2010

"sorry about the irreparable damage"

See if this sounds familiar.

  1. US scientists do medical experiments on brown people without their consent.
  2. Said medical experiments deny treatment to said brown people.
  3. Brown people get worse. Or fucking die.
  4. Decades after irreparable damage has been done, US government apologizes.

The question I have for you is: Would you accept that shit?

Consider the recent (well, recent to straight people) anti-gay bullying leading to death (btw, you have to check out The We Got Your Back Project). Would the families, friends and communities affected by the shitstorm leading to the deaths of several young people these past few weeks be obligated to accept a post-mortem "my bad" 50 or 60 years later?

Get this through your head, America: Sometimes "sorry" ain't good enough. Once you fuck up people's lives and livelihoods, "I'm sorry" isn't gonna cut it.

2 comments:

  1. "Get this through your head, America: Sometimes "sorry" ain't good enough. Once you fuck up people's lives and livelihoods, "I'm sorry" isn't gonna cut it."

    I seriously doubt that America will get it because I don't think they want to get it. They continuous want to avoid any subject matter out of irrational fear.

    On another note, you mentioned about me posting one of my blogs on another site. There was no other way to contact you other than through one of your forums. Holla back as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Will Capers:

    Yeah, I was interested in you contributing something to Ars Marginal.

    ReplyDelete