February 24, 2009

First dream

I'll go by what I said in the comments of this post to see how it works. Instead of writing scenes as such, I created something more like comic book panels. Being without a scanner or digital camera, it's not possible for me to upload pictures. And I won't even both trying to draw anything using a mouse.

I don't know. It feels scant. Is it enough to base a performance on?

PANEL 1
ORIXA wandering in a dense fog.

PANEL 2
ANANSI in the form of an old woman coming along.

PANEL 3
Orixa and Anansi sharing a cigar (or perhaps some other substance stuffed in a cigar) and rum.

PANEL 4
Anansi transforming into a spider.

PANEL 5
Anansi weaving cloth from night sky.

PANEL 6
Anansi wrapping Orixa in cloth.

PANEL 7
Orixa tossing and turning as she sleeps.

PANEL 8
BRIARS growing around Orixa.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking that going off the beaten path of dialogue-oriented, psychosocioanalytical plays, might require going off the beaten path of written scripts, exploring new ways of representing a play. I was also thinking that giving an audience glimpses of new worlds might require a cast and crew that have have some experience with those worlds, and who participate in developing the play.

    This might be a good way to do all that. Of course it may take some time and toil and trouble to get it working.

    ReplyDelete