January 31, 2010

Anne&Me - consolidating sources

One of the hardest things for me to do is talk about my work. Sure, I can write about it. I can think about it. But once I have to verbalize things on the fly, it gets hard for me. So I'm putting together what I've written about Anne & Me to make it a bit easier on myself.

Anne & Me
Text of the play. You can also e-mail me if you want a digital copy.

The conversations I want to have about Anne & Me
Self-explanatory, really.

Why I'm doing this
The motivation to keep at Anne & Me despite how hard it is for me. Notwithstanding the personal and painful experiences that compelled me to tackle this as a full-length piece, it's so hard to make this woman do some of the things she does in the play.

Personal demons - literally
Something to understand about Anne in Anne & Me.

Something I've been wondering about
Thinking about the "artistic" personality and how race, gender, and class play into it.

And more Japanese theatre!
Originally written for my currently abandoned play, but applicable to Anne & Me as well. Explains why Japanese theatre appeals to me so much, as well as what I try to include in my plays.

You can also find more by reading the stuff under the theater and writing tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment