December 21, 2008

I digress (working title: AVPD Moebius)

This is a short piece I did off the top of my head while at a party tonight. To date, this is the most deliberately personal thing I've written. It basically describes what it's like for me to interact with people on a day-to-day basis. I'm not entirely comfortable broadcasting the details of this on my blog, but I can tell more via e-mail.


AVPD MOEBIUS

SETTING: Swanky party with cool people hanging out and music playing.

SCENE 1
Swanky party. GHOST floats through guests along perimeter of party. No one seems to notice. Unless otherwise stated, lettered scenes don't have to go in order.

SCENE A
Two STUDENTS enter. Go to bar. Get beer. One says, "Let's go on the roof." They do.

SCENE B
COUPLE argues. One storms off, leaving other alone. Ghost gives other a rose. Other chases after one, knocking rose to ground and trampling it. Ghost gently gathers crushed petals.

SCENE C
DJ puts on David Bowie's "Major Tom." People sing along softly. Ghost listens.

SCENE D
Professional with cell phone glued to ear pushes past ghost like it's a rickety screen door. Talks about tomorrow's meeting.

SCENE E
HOBO wanders into party. Urgently grabs a guest: "Do you see it? Do you see it? It's right there! (pointing to ghost). Why can't nobody see it?" Leaves in a hurry, muttering to self.

SCENE 2
Repeat at least 5 times, preferably 10 or more.

1 comment:

  1. I've always hated grown-up parties. I used to feel guilty and ashamed of that. I don't feel that way any more.

    ReplyDelete